Sunday, 22 July 2018

Vancouver, from the roof

I was back in Vancouver for a super short stay a couple of weekends ago. Since it was mid-summer, the sun is out until very late in the evening. Even as I came home in the evening, ordered take-out from my favourite sushi place, napped 1 hour on the sofa waiting for the order (yes, the wait for takeout on a Saturday night is usually 1 hr), ate the food, drank some tea, there is still some colours left in the sky! So I grabbed my painting supplies, popped open the skylight, and documented the sunset sceneries from the roof top. 


One side of the apartment faces the quiet residential neighbourhood which is under a construction boom. As is everything in Vancouver, the houses are only somewhat visible under the huge spread of trees.


Even as I finished one side, the other side was still displaying some amazing colours! This is the side facing the more bustling shopping street, agains the backdrop of distant coastal mountains.
Honestly, this is probably the longest I've spent on the roof. I remember popping the skylight open only when it is unbearably hot or for an apartment tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.