I cherish any non-summer sunny days in Berlin. As October approaches, I know these days are numbered. Saturday was also a nice day out, but I had so many errands/chores to do on a Saturday that I ran out of energy before the sun set.
I found myself a secluded spot in the shade right in front of the Berliner Schloss (for some reason I never noticed this building before seeing it in somebody else's painting, probably because I was always distracted by the sceneries on the other side of the street) It was a simple fascade that casted a long shadow and had a nice wall to lean my bike on. Just as I was starting, a man walked by and asked if I was "zeichnen oder malen die Gebäude nach". It took me a few seconds to comprehend the meaning of "nachzeichnen"- nobody has used this verb when talking to me before...And he wished me "viel Spaß" and walked away lol. Only when I was almost done did I notice the red thing behind the Berliner Schloss was the antenna of Fernsehturm.
I already did the Deutsches Historisches Museum a few weeks ago, but I felt like challenging it the second time. This time it was the curvy reflective metal strips that caught my attention (it reflected the pink fascade of the Museum!) I feel like I underestimate the complexity of this building all the time, but the fascade's gradiant from yellow to pink is always unresistable. It was an enjoyable session, minus the constant shouting of the cup-and-ball scammers from the other side of the street...ughhhh


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.