From Trier, Luxembourg was only a short 50 mins ride away on the regional train. I almost regretted my pre-purchased ticket when I saw an SNCF train pulled into the opposite platform, destined for Metz. That was my runners up destination! For some reason, I thought it was only accessible from Saarbrücken, but I guess it makes sense that the bigger city Trier would have a direct train connection too. In the end I decided to stick with my original plan and do Luxembourg.
The train station area was nothing fancy, so I only started my once in old town. It is pretty liberating when all public transportation is free. Or else I'm pretty sure I would have walked.
Warm up with the main cathedral (turned out rather well I think)
After taking the public elevator down, I did this one of the old fortifications across the river Alzette, Eich Gate
I debated if I should stand at the edge of the walkway, but ended up just choosing higher ground to avoid tourist traffic. While I was doing this super complex piece, I had 2 German girls posing and taking photos for 20 mins at least, each coaching the other one. And then a little girl asked her parents to put her up on tree behind me (??) so that she can watch me paint. And then her parents begged and begged her to leave me alone and she wouldn't listen. I ignored her in the beginning so I had to stay in character. In the end, after a good 10 mins of parents begging and then threatening to leave, the little girl finally agreed.
I think I still suck at drawing grand overviews from the top...but that never stops me from trying lol
I left earlier than I usually do because of the 1 hr commute back + 1 hr drive from Trier and I really don't want to drive in the dark. After getting food at a surprisingly super empty five guys (during which I totally forgot how numbers work in French and had to endure the shame of having to have my number also called in English) I got a sudden chocolate milk crave and impulse purchased probably the only truly Luxembourg produced product in the convenience store, and then I just drank straight from the carton at the platform because I'm desperate enough. And yes, I did blissfully fell asleep during the train ride home. It was very satisfying



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.